The purpose of the Foundation series of messages is so that you have a clear view of where we stand and what we believe regarding church.
As we move to Sunday and a time when we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper, the conviction of the unity that Jesus prayed for just before Gethsemane is emphasised.
John 17: 15-21
15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.
16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;
21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
We have a Supporting Line of Unity
River of Life is part of FTK in Spain, and our relationship as a church to apostolic care and direction is with Kingfisher Family in the UK, and in particular with James Burn, who heads up the Kingfisher Family of churches.
We have unity.
Below we quote directly from their Mission, Vision, and Values statements.
The stated mission of Kingfisher Family is to “Support, equip and connect believers around the world to reach lost people, and see them transformed into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.”
Vision and Values
The vision of Kingfisher Family is to support, equip and connect believers around the world, to increase their capacity to reach lost people and see them transformed into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Our vision is to see the local church equipped and empowered to reach the local community and beyond, in effective and God-honouring ways.
Kingfisher International family’s vision is for local churches around the world to grow in a passion for mutual encouragement and support.
We truly seek to be a community of disciples of Christ, impacting, challenging and inspiring society around us.
We’re always up for trying new and creative ways of reaching people that need to hear about Jesus. We’re not afraid to give something a go even if it fails!
– We seek to put God first in everything we do.
– Our ultimate authority is the Bible.
– Lost people matter to God and so they matter to us, and we seek to reach them in culturally sensitive ways.
– We seek to grow Biblical Community, based on loving kindness, honesty, integrity in relationships and a commitment to conflict resolution.
– Full devotion to Jesus Christ is our aim for the Christian life, through personal spiritual growth and through being equipped and released to further the kingdom and reach one’s full potential for Christ.
– We shall never arrive – we shall continue to expand and grow until the whole world is pursuing full devotion to Jesus Christ.
Our Vision Also
This is who we believe God is calling us all to be as a church.
Our Mission. Our Vision. Our Values.
As Martin Luther is quoted as saying 500 years ago: Here we stand, We can do no other, God help us.
So how are we going to take this into each of our lives as we interact in this new season in River of Life?
That is what we’re exploring in the final messages of the series.